Repost from the now void Northern Irish Girl Online blog.
Thank you so much to Laura from Palette of Thoughts for nominating me and picking some deadly interesting questions. Make sure you are following her blog and other social media outlets.
Rules of the Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
1. What’s your favourite season and why?
My absolute favourite season is Autumn, it encompasses all of my favourite things, autumn leaves, colder weather, the evening’s getting darker earlier and of course, HALLOWEEN.
2. What’s a goal you want to achieve before the end of this year?
I’d love to hit 3000 on Twitter, get Instagram to 2000 and to have 500 subscribers on my blog.
3. What is something that makes you smile?
My dog singing to his squeaky toy or singing along to the siren. To be honest, just my dog in general because he’s the sweetest, most lovable wee dog.
4. If you could go back and change one thing from your teenage years, what would you do?
Honestly? I’d enjoy myself more, and try to find a healthy balance between studying and making sure I was living my best life.
5. What would be your dream holiday if money was no object?
I’d love to visit every country in the world and spend enough time in each place to be able to visit their best historical sites and tourist attractions.
6. What’s a skill you would love to have?
I’d love to have a photographic memory (also known as Eidetic memory) as it means I’d be able to remember all my studying without having to massively worry and it’d make life so much easier.
7. What would be your go-to karaoke tune?
If I could sing? It would have to be Bohemian Rapsody by the one and only Queen. Otherwise, if I was allowed to rap (which I mentioned I could do in my blog post 10 Unusual Facts About Me, go check it out) it would have to be Tupac – Hit Em’ Up.
8. If you won big on the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
After paying off my debts, paying off my parents’ mortgage and paying for my brother’s university degree then I’d buy a large plot of land in Northern Ireland somewhere by the sea. I’d then hire one of my dearest friends, Sarah, as my architect and I’d build a decent size house, with enough room to home as many rescue dogs as I possibly could and stables for rescue horses.
I’d probably do a lot of travelling, set up at least two charities (one for children who are victims of a sex crime and one for rescue animals), invest in property and ensure a large chunk of money was saved. The rest would go into the charities and my house/rescue centre. You can tell I’d already thought about this, lol.
9. Tell us something you love about yourself/are proud of yourself for?
I’m proud of myself for getting through the past 2 and a half years. It was an extremely difficult time, my PTSD diagnosis nearly killed me, but I got through it and I honestly think I am a better person for it. My whole way of life has changed, I think differently, I want different things from life and I’m working very hard on loving myself more.
I just got my first assignment back from the first year of my Psychology degree, not only did I pass but I passed with a high mark! I cried for a good ten minutes and just couldn’t believe it, as I honestly never thought back in April before I started this blog that I’d be breathing, let alone studying my dream degree and getting high marks!
10. How much have you changed as a person in the last 5 years?
I kind of answered this above, but my life has changed dramatically. Being mentally unwell for so long turned my life upside down. My dad found out about the abuse I suffered, he found out about the suicide attempts and that I wasn’t this hard, unemotional person, but a very emotionally damaged one.
I’m proud to say I have a diagnosis of PTSD, because I’m proud that I am sitting here with toilet roll up my snout stemming a random nosebleed -insert eye-rolling gif here – as opposed to being ashes that have been dispersed by the sea, which is where I would have been if I didn’t fight to get my mind back on track.
I still have down days, I’m 10000% way more emotional than I have ever been in my life, I cry at absolutely everything now and it drives me nuts, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m alive, I’ve got a healthy mind and I’m studying to become a Psychologist so I can help child victims of a sex crime and catch those vile paedophiles and child killers before they get a chance to harm anyone else.
11. What would you love for your life 5 years from now?
I would love to be debt-free, my blog is fully monetised so I could work from home. I’d be hoping to be in my last year of university finishing off my MA in Psychology and considering whether or not a PhD is worth it. I’d hope to have published my book and have published at least one another book.
I’d also love to become a mum if it happens amazing, but if not then I’ll just be a dog mum. I’d also home to be saving to buy the dream home and I’d really love for my husband to be doing really well. I’m extremely proud of him and we’ve always been each other’s biggest fans so I just want him to be continuing to do what he loves, to be successful in his job and to be happy.
They were brilliant questions, thanks again to Laura from Palette of Thoughts for the nomination. Please go check her out if you haven’t already, she was one of the main people pepping me up when I went through a rough spot with my blog a few weeks ago. She’s a lovely girl and does amazing work, I’m excited to see her go far.
Having an odd number of questions and nominees is giving me actual anxiety, lol.
I try to nominate new people each time as there are just so many amazing bloggers out there, a large majority of them don’t get the credit they deserve, so I’m hoping by them being nominated in some way for these awards that they’ll know how amazing they are.
I’ve gone through my followers and took a lot of time reading through blogs, I wish I could nominate them all, but I have chosen those who I truly want to know that they’re amazing and to keep up the good work.
1. Improving Alice (@improvingalice)
2. The Good The Human (@TheGoodTheHuma1) – Make sure you congratulate this total babe, she qualified as a Counsellor in October just past!! Congrats again!!
3. Mental Health at Home (@MH_at_home)
4.Motherhood Ten Minutes at a Time (@motherhoodten)
5. Love – Inspirative (@CourtneyEHead)
6. Busy Tykes (@busytykes)
7. My Spotted Blog (@myspottedblog) – 🖤 this girl, Rachel is just a wee gem and her blog is amazing!
8. Two of a Mind (@chels_ToaM)
9. The Lex Experience (@theLexp)
10. Tales of a Bearded Man (@TalesofaBeard)
11. A Stumbling Mind (@KatieConibear)
My Questions to the Nominees
Okay, so here we go, you’d think that me working in HR for 10 years would mean I’m really ninja at creating questions, but I’m actually super shit at thinking them up, so to my nominees, I’m so sorry in advance.
1. What would your autobiography be called?
2. What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you and would you reenact it for £1?
3. Describe your life in a series of film or book titles.
4. Which animal would be the King/Queen/President (other gender-neutral terms are available and can be used, here) when (yes, I said when, the AI’s won’t be taking over, animals will) the animal kingdom rise up and take over?
5. You’re on death row for a crime of your choice, what did you do, why did you do it, and what would your last meal be and why?
6. If your pet/child or the fly that lives in your bedroom if you have neither, had to give you a reference for your dream job, what would they say and do you think you’d get the job?
7. A penguin walks through the door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
8. How would you sell hot chocolate (cocoa) in the hottest country in the world?
9. If you were a pizza delivery person, how would you benefit from the use of scissors?
10. If you could have a machine that produced £100 for life, how much would you be willing to pay for it?
11. If you could have dinner with three people alive or dead, who would you pick and why?
That’s it, folks, I hope you enjoyed my answers to the questions, make sure you subscribe if you enjoyed this, like the blog post and also check out all the amazing bloggers I have mentioned in this post.
Good luck to the nominees I can’t wait to see the answers, don’t forget to tag me!