I first made this recipe a few months, ago. I have always wanted to experiment more with food, but I hate just cooking for myself as I’m a bit of a feeder. So, I decided to start by making pancakes, like who doesn’t love pancakes? Don’t answer that…
I have the wonderful and amazing Anna Saccone Joly to thank for the recipe and inspiration to give this a try, as it’s been months, maybe even years, of watching SacconeJoly’s on Youtube and Anna makes her blueberry pancakes most Sunday’s. Please click on her name and go have a look at her blog, she posts a lot of helpful tips on recipes, pregnancy and parenthood, I think she’s amazing, but I’m biased because she’s a fellow Irish/Italian.
Also, a quick shout out to my other half for being my guinea pig and giving me 8.5/10 for the recipe. He took his plain with brown sugar on top, but I took mine with chocolate chips because, why not? I would love it if you could let me know how you get on, what you make your pancakes with and tag me in your pictures on Instagram and Twitter so I can drool over yours, too! Okay, without further ado, please see below for the recipe for these gorgeous pancakes.
Remember, you can switch these up to match your taste buds.
Recipe for Coconut, Cinnamon & Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1 free range egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- Coconut Oil
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.