Foodie Recipes: Homemade Mushroom Soup
Anyone else absolutely freezing? I AM! I thought why not post my recipe for homemade mushroom soup for the masses? I know mushrooms are hit and miss for some people, but I love them. This recipe is so easy to make and only takes 40 minutes to 60 minutes to make. I’ve set out how to make my yummy soup in 12 easy steps, below.
50g/2 ounces of butter
2 leeks (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (chopped)
300g/9 ounces of mushrooms (sliced)
2 – 3 sprigs of thyme leaves (or 2 tablespoons of crushed thyme)
Vegetable Stock Cubes (varies according to taste)
Salt & Pepper to taste
PREPARATION TIME: LESS THAN 30 MINUTES
Thankfully it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare this yummy meal.
COOKING TIME: 10 – 30 MINUTES
Cooking time can take from 10 to 30 minutes depending on hob (electric/gas).
You could also slow cook this recipe if you have a slow cooker.
This recipe serves four people, I usually divide my ingredients in half if I don’t plan on using the leftovers for lunches.
If you want to make a bigger pot then you can adjust this recipe accordingly.
Not suitable with anyone with a dairy allergy or intolerance.
May be suitable for vegetarians
Not suitable for anyone with a fungi allergy or intolerance.
- Melt the butter in a large pot and gently cooked the chopped up leaks and crushed garlic for 5 minutes. Or, until softened in the hot pan.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and thyme
- Cook on high heat for 3 minutes
- Boil kettle
- Once boiled pour into a measuring jug (amount will depend on how thick or runny you prefer your soup)
- Add in vegetable stock and stir until it’s melted
- Add stock and cook for 5 minutes (I usually add in by quarters to ensure I’ve enough water, but once you cook it a few times you’ll have a fair idea of how much you need).
- Remove from the heat, carefully pour into a food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can keep it in the pot and use a stick blender to blitz until smooth.
- Put back on a medium to low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste and stir
- Turn off heat and pour into bowls
- Serve with sides of your choice