A big thank you to the beautiful, Nadine of Home of Understanding and my new but very dear friend, Nyxie from Nyxie’s Nook and for this nomination. I was having such a bad day and I logged onto Twitter to see this and it cheered me right up. Nadine and Nyxie’s blogs are linked, below and covers a variety of topics on mental health which I highly recommend you read. I am also going to include Nadine’s and Nyxie’s social media which you can find, below.
Nadine’ Social Media
Nyxie’s Social Media
Rules of Award
For everyone who is not accustomed to the rules of the Liebster award, here they are:
- Thank your nominator and provide a link to their blog
- Post the Award on your blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Give an answer to all 11 questions the nominator asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (this award is meant for new, upcoming bloggers)
- Come up with 11 new questions for your nominees
11 Facts About Me
- I want to own a house by the sea
- I am writing my own novel
- I am very self-deprecating and very low self-esteem
- I am quite funny and use this to try to cheer people up when they are upset.
- I am a decent cook
- I have a bellybutton piercing which I have had since I was 11.
- I used to be really athletic until I thought, “What’s the point in that?” Now, I don’t do anywhere near the working out I used to do.
- I HATE surprises with a passion.
- I absolutely adore horror movies, psychological thrillers and love any movies, novels and tv series’ on them.
- I mostly listen to heavy metal and old style gangsta rap and can rap really well.
- I’m partially deaf in one ear and really struggle to hear people talking over background noises like cars, birds chirping, my dog snoring or me farting.
Nadine’s 11 Questions to Me
What is your favourite place to be?
Home, if I am anywhere in Belfast no matter where it is, I am happy. I’m especially happy at my thinking spots which are two of the beaches in Northern Ireland. One is Loughshore, the other is Helen’s Bay.
If you were a fruit or vegetable, what would you be?
A lemon because I’m bitter AF. Haha, no I’m just kidding. This is a really good question, I think I would be a Pineapple because I’m tough and prickly on the outside, but sweet on the inside.
What is your favourite book (I know, I am cruel)?
This is really TOUGH!! I’m going to go with the book I am reading at the moment, it’s called If Only by Melanie Murphy. It’s a fiction and it’s not the type of book I’d usually read. Saying that I’m a huge Harry Potter fan and really want to read the Game of Thrones series. Mel is somewhat of an inspiration to me so I bought the book to support her. She’s an Irish author (which will hopefully be me soon) and we have a lot of the same shared interests. I’m including her Youtube channel and other social media so people can follow her as she has amazing topics covered.
How long does it take you to write an entire blog post?
Weeks lol! For my true crime blog it’s months because I have so much research to plough through and a lot of my cases cover missing and unsolved crimes so it’s a lot to research and a lot to read.
For my lifestyle blog (this one) it can take days depending on the post as I do a lot of research before I post to make sure I am not giving any misinformation. Or, if it’s something like this an hour depending on whether or not I get distracted with replying to messages and looking for stock photos. I definitely get distracted by my dog because he’ll literally put his ass on my keyboard until I focus on him, lol. He’s a babe.
What would you do with a million dollars/euros/pounds (choose your currency 😀)?
Is it bad I already have it planned what I’ll do? I dream about it every single night, without fail it’s the first dream I have, of getting enough money to do all of the below and how happy my family’s life would be, the same with my close-knit circle of friends. No one would need to worry about money, again.
- Pay off my parent’s mortgage
- Pay off my brother’s student loans and pay for his Masters
- Pay off my own student loans and put money away for my Masters and PhD
- Pay off my car
- Buy a new laptop that doesn’t shut off because the battery is 0% and the lead has been pulled out. I’d probably get myself better gaming set up (PC, mic, headphones, gaming chair and so on).
- Visit my best friend and her new baby in Malta for a few weeks.
- Actually, get my genealogy and family tree done in memory of my granda that I lost last year. Post here on that, as it was always something we wanted to do together but life got in the way for me and I massively regret not doing it when he was alive.
- Pay my dream home by the sea in Northern Ireland. It has some land so I can pursue my dream of opening a dog rescue shelter. It’ll be funded by me and any donations so that the dogs can run free, have playmates and the good sea air. None of them will be kept in cages, but in a room with cosy beds, heated floors, plenty of toys and lots of love from me and any volunteers. I’d keep the money left over for publishing my book and keeping me ticking over until all my current book ideas were published whilst working on my Masters and Ph.D.
- Open my own mental health charity
- Plastic surgery for several aspects of my face and body so I can finally be happy and not have constant reminders of the abuse I suffered as a kid.
- Divorce my husband and convince Jamie Dornan to marry me.
- Have a family of my own, I always wanted to adopt at least one child and if I am lucky to have two of my own.
What is your favourite piece of clothing?
My Foo Fighters T-Shirt and my comfy jeans. Other than that I sorta live in PJ’s (well as much as I can get away with).
How often do you do a sport?
Does gaming count? I don’t play sports anymore, I used to play Netball, Hockey and did a lot of running when I was a teen, but nothing now. I also did Crossfit, but haven’t in ages.
Do you have any secret obsessions/guilty pleasures?
It’s not a secret I don’t think, but I love a good game of Pokemon, lol. I play a lot of The Sims, too. I’m an avid gamer to the point I made sure to mention my usernames for gaming accounts in the About Just a Belfast Girl section of my site which is linked, here if anyone wants to add me.
When was the last time you felt you could burst from happiness and why?
My dog does this for me once a day, he is the most beautiful, happy, cute, dopey wee doggo you could ever meet and he fills me with joy. Everyone with a mental health condition needs a dog, or some sort of support pet because they really are the absolute best thing for you. If I’m sad, my little man brings me his favourite toy for me to play with him because he thinks it’ll make his mummy happy. If that doesn’t work it’s full snuggles and kisses until I either cheer up a bit, stop crying, or fall asleep.
What is One Thing You Cannot Live Without?
My dog, 1000% and I hate to say this, but my phone, only because it’s my main link to the people I care about, and obviously…Pokemon lol.
How would you describe yourself in three words?
Resilient, sarcastic, loyal
Nyxie’s 11 Questions for Me
1. What Inspired You to Start Blogging?
I went through a very tough two years from 2016 – 2018 and a lot was going on in my brain that even when I journalled it, it wasn’t helping. I had always read blogs so I decided to start my own, and my first blog post was the story of how the blog came to be. I was originally Northern Irish Girl Online, but moved to Just a Belfast Girl after wanting a new look and fresh start. One of my very first blog posts can be found, here. It tells the story of how my PTSD came to be and it was very cathartic to write.
2. Cats or Dogs?
Dogs! I have had dogs for 20+ years, and I’ve always been obsessed with doggo’s and wanting to rescue all of them. I fully believe cats are plotting to murder everyone, to the point where I bought my very dear friend Glenda a book about it. I think it was called, How You Know Your Cat is Plotting Your Murder, or something along those lines. I’ll ask her and update this when she comes back to me with the correct title.
3. Spirit Animal and Why?
I actually commented on your post about this. Wolves or horses, I am a dopey cow and have spent way too much time doing those online quizzes to find out what your spirit animal is and mine is always a wolf. In Native American (I swear there is Native American in me, somewhere I can feel it) mythology wolves as spirit animals convey strength, courage, freedom and wisdom. The wolf appears as a guide to your journey of self-discovery.
The horse as a spirit animal meaning in Native American mythology it conveys power and stamina (hahahahahaha, me? No love.) The sybolism also talks about freedom, unbridled desire for freedom because it’s naturally wild and it has a powerful spirit.
I believe I have a strong/powerful spirit, I’m very resilient, I’d like to think I’m brave and I crave freedom to live in my house by the sea with no constraints. I’m also loyal to my pack (friends and family), fiercely protective of them and that’s also a trait that both wolves and horses possess.
4. If You Could Live Without Any Seasons, Which Would it Be?
Eugh, WINTER… do NOT leave me Game of Thrones, “The Winter is coming” gifs or I swear… I don’t like snow. I will go as far as to say that I hate snow. It’s cold, it’s pointless and it turns yellow when you piss in it. Snowmen are almost as creepy as Scarecrows. Nope, nope, nope oh and…Santa… let’s not go there.
5. Alternatively, which season would you live in forever?
Have you ever seen Autumn in NI (I know you have Nyxie, lol I mean the other readers)? It’s STUNNING. I could live in Autumn, forever I absolutely love it and Halloween is my favourite time of year because I love everything spoopy (yes I mean spoopy, not spooky).
6. Top 5 Favourite Countries?
Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland (no they aren’t the same country…), Malta, Italy and America (but purely for the makeup and not their dumbass President).
The reason for Malta and Italy is because my heirtage does have Maltese and Italian in it, alongside English, Northern Irish and Irish. I don’t know the full percentage which is why I want to do the genalogy for myself and in my granda’s memory. America, as I said, purely for the massive makeup stores.
7. What do You Keep in Your Handbag/Car/Pocket/Backpack at All Times?
Handbag – My phone, my airpods, my keys, my planner, a notepad, a zillion pens, antibacterial hand gel, hand cream, perfume, lipstick and liner, tissues and a bottle of sparkling water.
8. Are You an Early Riser or a Late Night Dweller?
I’ve recently (finally) been diagnosed with Insomina so definitely a late night dweller, but I do love getting up early as it means more gets done, or more time to procrasinate if you are me.
9. If You Could Live in Any Time Period, What Would It Be?
Before America took over Native America, I used to dream I was part of Powhatan tribe, it’s now known as the Pamunkey Indian tribe in July 2015. I was a kid when I was dreaming of this, but I knew it was Powhatan because I lived with Pocahontas and her tribe was the Powhatan tribe.
Other than that, I loved the Tudor era. Mainly Henry VIII’s reign, dude had some bitches… Or, really I’d just like to go back to around 2004 – 2005 because I miss those days, I miss people taking jokes for what they are, for less judgemental people, lack of internet trolls and people were just kinder and more understanding then.
10. Do You Have a Colour Preference?
GREY. It used to be black,but I was sick of the emo and goth jokes my family threw at me. Not an emo, not a goth, if you are brilliant for you, but I just liked black. I love grey for furniture/decor as I think it looks gorgeous. I’m also a fan of teal and deep royal purples.
11. What was Your Favourite Subject as School and Why?
History! Being from Northern Ireland and having Irish roots I was always fascinated with our history. I grew up when The Troubles were rife, so it was important for me to understand why it came to this. I still don’t feel the reason for the Troubles will ever be justified, but I’m delighted to say we are a lot more united in Ireland now, despite it still being two separate countries.
11 Amazing Individual’s
I have tried to not include anyone I know that Nadine has already tagged, or people I know have done the post already so hopefully I get new people that have amazing blogs and blogs I read very often. Here they are:
In the following I will list 11 amazing people, who I think should get more traffic to their blog, so give them a lot of love and support them:
- My little sis, Lauren
- My little sis, Casey (you can do it on Youtube if it’s easier, sis)
- The main BITCH and partner in any future crime, Linds
- Lovely Susan
- The amazingly talented and equally beautiful, Rachael
- The CUZ, Ross – Man Vs. Adulthood
- My sassy and fellow PTSD surviving sista, Ida.
- My supportive and amazingly talented writer friend, Dalen
- The amazingly talented, Khadra
- BABE! Need I say more? Gemma
- Lovely Emma
My Questions to The Nominees
- What is your favourite scary movie?
- If could time travel, where would you go?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
- Which of your personality traits have gotten you in the most trouble, and why?
- What is the most cheesy pick up line you’ve had? Did it work?
- Would you rather burp loudly every time you kiss someone (or something), or drool when you talk?
- If you could ask your pet (or a pet you are close to if you don’t have one) three questions other than,”Do you love me?” What would they be and why?
- What movie sequel do you wish you could erase from history and why was it so bad for you?
- What is the worst book (not a school book! Nice try, though!) you have ever read and why did you hate it so much?
- What fictional character do you which you could meet?
- If your life was a soundtrack with 15 – 20 songs what would the songs be and what would you call the album?
Good luck, haha!
Don’t forget to tag me when you’ve answered the questions and a big thank you again to Nadine and Nyxie for nominating me.